Bright bright pink! This is about as girly as a blush can get. Don’t let the vivid color fool you…it goes onto the skin beautifully. If you’ve been following along, Flushed is the third of four Sonia Kashuk blushes that I’m loving for spring.
Lately I’ve wanted to highlight without looking highlighted. You know, to have a subtle glow to my face. I’ve switched out the products in my daily makeup basket (with exception to those I’m trying to use up!) to accommodate this look. I’m ready for spring, y’all! A post by Xiao on Messy Wands reminded me of a great trick to get that lit-from-within effect by applying highlighter before foundation.
No sparkle. No shimmer. Just soft light.
The result is much more visible in person, but it does show slightly in these photos. It is definitely worth trying out if you want a gentle warmth from your cheeks.
- Sonia Kashuk Liquid Highlighter, heavily on tops of cheeks before applying foundation
- UDPP in Sin; Milani Liquif-eye in Brown
- Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette; Luminous Foundation in Buff (no mattifying foundations!); Pressed Powder in Translucent Medium; Beautifying Blush in Lilly; Spring Awakenings shimmer eyeshadow and powder liner shades; Brow Definer in Taupe
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black
- Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait
I’ve been keeping my “products to be used up ASAP” in a basket. To which I’ve added “products to use now while it’s still winter” and, over the last 10 days or so, I’ve only be using what’s in said basket. The exception is that I’ve been switching out eyeshadows because I have so many. But it’s nice because I’m learning what works and what doesn’t with my centerpiece item: Milani Baked Blush in Fantastico Mauve.
I have a hard time with blush in this color because it’s not a standard shade of pink/coral. So I decided to use this while it’s still cool out with the added challenge of finding a variety of things that work well with it. I feel that with such a bold cheek, I have to play down my eyes and lips. This is what I’ve been wearing most often (bonus look!):
Today I kicked the eyes up a notch and went with grey instead of brown. Wild, I know. Fortunately, I like it enough to share.
- L’Oreal Magic Perfecting Base; Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette, Perfecting Luminous Foundation in Buff, Sheer Liquid Highlighter, Pressed Powder in Translucent Medium, eyebrow pencil in Taupe
- Milani Baked Blush in Fantastico Mauve
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Shadow in Audacious Asphalt; Sonia Kashuk Fall Color Palette shades 1 and 2, Jet Set Liquid Liner; Milani Liquif’eye liner in black; and L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara
- Sonia Kashuk Luxury Lip Color in Soft Pink
I did try a nude lip with this look, but (surprise surprise) felt too washed out so I wiped it off and moved on. I’ve been playing with so many browns lately (including liner!) that I almost (almost) forgot that I’m a black liner girl at heart.
Do you own Fantastico Mauve? What are your favorite products to pair it with?
This morning I pulled out theBalm and the Beautiful (aka Muppets) Palette and asked Little V what color I should use. She chose The Police Man which is a vivid electric blue and the scariest color in the bunch for anyone who is fearful of brights. So I thought, “major fail.” I didn’t want to bum her out by not using it, so I asked her to pick another color and (thankfully) she went with the soft lilac of The Coma Patient. I decided I could use them both with the help of The Brain Surgeon and The Basket Case.
Other Products used:
- L’Oreal True Match Foundation in W5, Laura Geller Real Deal Concealer in Medium, Sonia Kashuk Loose Powder in Colorless Matte
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer, Milani Baked Powder Blush in Fantastico Mauve
- Revlon ColorStay liner in Brown/Black Maybelline Colossal Mascara in Glam Black
- Sonia Kashuk Eyebrow pencil in Haze, e.l.f. Brow Setting Gel
- Sonia Kashuk Lip Gloss in Sexy
Apparently I’m favoring this side of my face lately… I think I’ll save The Police Man as an all over color for another day. Maybe I’ll even use theBalm’s Late Afternoon Rendezvous as my color palette. For now, I’m happy I (Little V) shook things up a bit and used a pop of color. What are your favorite bright shadow shades to mix it up?