This blog is no longer in use. Please head over to my new site: IamAlisonM.com
(Hmm… I didn’t actually have a cream in our finished product, but that’s what the original recipe is called so I guess that’s that.)
I adore this recipe. Almost. Fettuccine with Prosciutto and Sage Cream is probably perfect as is, if you like Alfredo sauce. For those of us who despise it: stay tuned to my changes!
Here is the way I tastily cooked this dish…
- 2 cups fully cooked chicken strips (or cut up and cook some chicken)
- 12 oz fresh pre-sliced mushrooms
- 10 sage leaves
- 4 slices prosciutto (about 2 oz)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta (though next time I’ll swap out for rotini instead)
- 2/3 cup roasted red peppers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Italian dressing to taste
Boil water and cook pasta. Cut prosciutto into long thin strips. Cut sage leaves into long thin strips. Chop red peppers.
Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Heat oil, then add mushrooms; cook 2-3 minutes or until browned. Add red peppers and chicken strips; heat through. Reduce heat to medium-low. Drizzle with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Italian dressing (I didn’t actually measure this. I just sort of poured it over until “it looked good.”) Simmer 3-4 minutes. Stir in prosciutto and sage. Then add pasta. Top with Parmesan.
Mr. M: “This is like restaurant food!”
Little V: “I want more noodles.”
Baby D: (giggled while mashing bits of fettuccine)