Lately I’ve wanted to highlight without looking highlighted. You know, to have a subtle glow to my face. I’ve switched out the products in my daily makeup basket (with exception to those I’m trying to use up!) to accommodate this look. I’m ready for spring, y’all! A post by Xiao on Messy Wands reminded me of a great trick to get that lit-from-within effect by applying highlighter before foundation.
No sparkle. No shimmer. Just soft light.
The result is much more visible in person, but it does show slightly in these photos. It is definitely worth trying out if you want a gentle warmth from your cheeks.
- Sonia Kashuk Liquid Highlighter, heavily on tops of cheeks before applying foundation
- UDPP in Sin; Milani Liquif-eye in Brown
- Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette; Luminous Foundation in Buff (no mattifying foundations!); Pressed Powder in Translucent Medium; Beautifying Blush in Lilly; Spring Awakenings shimmer eyeshadow and powder liner shades; Brow Definer in Taupe
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black
- Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait