I’m starting a “Bandwagon” series, so all those products/topics/etc around the blogosphere can be grouped into one. Sometimes, jumping on a bandwagon can be a good thing 🙂
I felt like Fall 2011 was a good season for me in terms of makeup because I set my goals in summer and stuck to them. I challenged myself, and I chose particular items I was looking to purchase. I wound up with the confidence to wear red lipstick (here and here) and successfully grown in eyebrows. I’d like to come up with a list of Spring/Summer goals sometime later this month.
As a whole for 2012, my goals are simple:
- Find a way to better organize. Let’s face it, who doesn’t want a vanity? Or to use their counter space more appropriately? I don’t know what kind of space I’ll have in our new digs, but I certainly want a setup that’s easier to use than my current over-the-toilet shelf and baskets. Maybe some drawers? Maybe something outside the bathroom??? ::crosses fingers::
- Finish. Products. Hit pan. Discard something. And no, mascara doesn’t count. I am horrible buying things and not using much of them. I use them, but apparently not enough. I can only recall hitting pan on eyeshadow and blush once and I’ve never actually finished one before. Along the same lines…
- Use up skin care and face items that work perfectly fine before trying something new. If it does the same thing, do I really need something new when I’m only half through my current cleanser/toner/moisturizer? No. If the foundation and concealer give the same finish, do I need two more from different lines? No. So use it up first. This will be extremely difficult for me, because I love the look of new things and hate when they get messy. I normally make it half-way and think I’ve done well. But half-way is not enough! This goes for mascara too. 2011 was a bad year for that and I need to learn my lesson.
- Avoid impulse buys. I’m working on a “Need, Want, Drool from Afar” section and I’m planning to stick to it.
- Get color-matched by a MAC SA. Never done it, but I’m curious. And I’d like to find a must-have face product (I’m thinking powder/concealer?) to try out. Please let me know your faves!
There you have it. Simple goals that will save me time and money, and enforce some self-control. I’ll keep you posted as I accomplish them. Here’s to a beautiful new year!